Translate

Friday, April 18, 2014

I wanna be just like YOU, cause' he wants to be just like me

"I want a new heart like you Mommy, and I want a heart like Daddy... but I don't know how." These sweet sounding words said through tears and brokenness are the plea of a surrendered life. A plea of a soul that is seeking, knocking, and ultimately of letting go of self. 

I cannot even start to explain the rush of emotion that came over me. It was if I had been sitting there face to face with The Lord and I sang out all Pat Benatar style, "hit me with your best shot", and The Lord responded in the way only He can do!

We sat together and talked about praying to God. Praying in whatever language as God knows them all. We talked about there is nothing we can do to save ourselves but it is about what God did through his son Jesus.

Ephesians 2:8-10 "God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. "

This moment we were sharing was not pretty, it was full of tears and snot, and blubbery voices and flat out "ugly cry" moments. 

    (Thank you google search for picture)

But to God above it was oh so sweet smelling and beautiful as a child became one of His. 
"God, give me a new heart." was the beginning of the prayer. And as if Jon and I were not already crying enough, we flat out lost it at these words! 
These were our sons words, not some "rehearsed, repeat after me, A.B.C., prayer. This was his moment between him and God and Jon and I were humbled to be witness to it. 
Our son's prayer went on in the most eloquent broken English you have ever heard. Spoken in English because our love wanted "Mom and Dad to understand." 

Romans 10:9-13 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. As the Scriptures tell us, “Anyone who trusts in him will never be disgraced.” Jew and Gentile are the same in this respect. They have the same Lord, who gives generously to all who call on him. For “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” 

Today, Friday, we remember the day Christ was crucified, taking upon him all the pain of sin and hurts and past lives... This Sunday we celebrate his resurrection! The day he beat death and brought to life all who place their faith and trust in him. 

Do you see it, do you get the visual picture: Christ killed SIN, and brought back to life a new life! 

Galatians 2:20-21 "My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless. For if keeping the law could make us right with God, then there was no need for Christ to die." Galatians 5:2 "Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there."
2 Corinthians 5:17-21 "This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to himself through Christ. And God has given us this task of reconciling people to him. For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation. So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!” For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ."

"Dear Lord,
I am so in awe of you! Thank you, thank you, thank you for your love! Your powerful love that brought my son from many homes many many miles away in China, you brought him  here, in this home, for this moment in his life! You knew from the moment he was created that he would be here this day and at this time of night that he would be so broken and so raw and so ready for your love. Wrap you arms around him Lord! Help him to experience you like never before! Be real to him, comfort his pain from his past and comfort him in his times of need in the future! Oh I am so humbled that you chose him to be my son, our son, in our family! He needed us but we SO needed him! My precious boy, whom I will forever love and never leave will now be forever in heaven with us! This day is a day to remember and shout out praises to your name! 
I love you lord and I lift my voice to worship you, oh my soul rejoice! 
Help me to be the best mommy to him! In your name I pray-Amen"-(prayer journal 4/7/2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment