Translate

Friday, May 2, 2014

a cause???

In as much love as I have in me, I am willing to lose your friendship to find forever families for the 155,000,000 orphans that exists today.  Kids eating scraps off of the floor and living in their own feces, because no one wants them is my motivator.

The other day, someone referred to adoption as a "cause".  Please understand the subtlety of this statement. A cause is much easier to dismiss than a charge laid out for us by all mighty God. A cause, I can chose to dismiss.  Much like a buffet line, I can walk right on past and look for the next item.  However, time and time again we see that God's heart is adoption.  

If you are a believer, the only reason you are a believer is because he has adopted you.  

Do you see that?  


Saving the whales is a cause.  Standing at a street corner in a red hat with a tassel is a cause.


Reading scripture and finding that God's command to his people is to care for orphans is not a cause. It is a mandate.


I was in a room the other day when the topic of discussion turned to adoption. 

"We have our own plans", came one response.  

We have our own plans.  I, too long, have had my own plans.  I say that I serve God, but when comparing my life to Isaiah 1:17 and James 1:27 and Psalms 82:3, I fall short, and am shown as nothing more than nominal.  

At what point do our plans end, and God begins his beautiful work through us.  At what point do we end and He begins?


Ask yourself what God wants you to do about the orphans.  How does he want to display his work of redemption to others through adoption in your life?


New cars, expensive cars, bigger homes, nicer homes, and lavish vacations, expensive vacations is just not where it's at.  I cannot see God saying to me the day I stand before him,

"Jon!  You bought a great car, huge house, and had a lot of fun on all of those vacations.  Well done my good and faithful servant".


Kids are taking their last breathe right now as I type this.  Children all over have no idea what's for dinner tonight and no parents to ask.  Children are thrown away as trash tonight as I sit comfortably and watch by the sideline.


How wrong is that??  How wrong is that?? And I think I am okay??


Self has to die.  Not just get wounded, but die.  Christ must reign exclusively.  Life must change completely. 


Adopt.  You will not regret it.


He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.  


No comments:

Post a Comment