Translate

Sunday, March 30, 2014

will you be 2nd or 3rd???

You are first, but will you be second? Or third?

Essentially, this is what we asked our oldest son when we adopted children older than him.  

We wanted to know his heart on the matter.  We sat down with him and discussed with him what we thought he might expect.  We weighed the good against the bad.  In the end, he had a picture in front of him showing him the cost of giving up the position of the oldest child.  It would be costly, but he chose to see the long term investment, and relinquished his position, to allow room for not just another, but others.

I was the oldest child of five and found myself very proud of my position in the family.  To be honest, I do not believe I would have relinquished my rights if faced with the same question my son is faced with now.

Jesus Christ, the only son of God, makes room at his table not for servants, but for his brothers and sisters.  
Aaron, our son, is of the same heart, and it is lovely!

What an acting out of selflessness.  What a picture of Christ.  I can read about Jesus and think of him historically, or I can watch Him in action from the front row seat of my life.  

So Aaron, I am not sure if you are aware of the impact of your selfless decision, but it has exemplified Christ, and I can think of nothing better.  I have never been prouder of you.  Proudly I say that you are our son and we love you.  

Know that Jesus is so much more than a Sunday school lesson or singing in church a certain way. He is more than a lifestyle or a way of life.  He himself is life and the only source of it.  Latch on son.  Give up all you are and surrender completely to Him.  Mark my words...you will have no regrets.  Live a life full of love, because so many people need it.  I love you with all I am.

With all the love that I have,
Your Dad

No reserves, no retreats, no regrets.  
-William Borden


No comments:

Post a Comment