Translate

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Six months strong

On March 28th this month marks SIX months that our boys have been home. I would ride this ride over and over again and never want to get off because life added with these two has just been flat out amazingness!
It hasn't been amazingness because it has been perfect... It has been amazingness because God placing them in our family was part of a perfect plan. Brokenness is starting to be healed and old wounds have been brought to light so that a mother and father's love can start to help their child find comfort in unconditional love and ultimate healing from their FATHER above. Because there are some pains and wounds that leave hurtful scars and "time does not heal all wounds"...
Oh, but  we have a promise that we can cling to:

Revelation 21:1-7 "Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared. And the sea was also gone. And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.” And the one sitting on the throne said, “Look, I am making everything new!” And then he said to me, “Write this down, for what I tell you is trustworthy and true.” And he also said, “It is finished! I am the Alpha and the Omega—the Beginning and the End. To all who are thirsty I will give freely from the springs of the water of life. All who are victorious will inherit all these blessings, and I will be their God, and they will be my children. "

This is our promise we can share with sons. Our sons who have endured a lot in their first 13 years of life. A lot of hurt, loss, and sadness... A lot of tears that were not allowed to be shed. 
And now, as they are learning to trust and know that this mom and this dad are here to stay, that this mom
and this dad SO love them and SO wanted them. They are able now to release piece by piece the wall they had built and start to heal and place their hope in this promise made by our Everlasting Father!
These last six months have shown me more about who God is than I could have studied in a lifetime, no time spent in the word could give me a fuller understanding of God's love toward us than in these short six months. 
Dear awesome Father who is ever at work in my life. I pray that you will fill me and remove the "self" in my life that is so rebellious. I thank you, thank you for being able to be called "mom" by the five most precious beings created. I am so in love with each and every bit of them
And who they are and who they are becoming. I ask that you will make me patient, and help me to show grace as you have shown it to me. Help us as a family show love to others the way you show love. Make our hands your hands and our feet your feet. I ask that you will help us surrender daily to your will in our lives and help us to be so hungry for your Word. In your name- amen

No comments:

Post a Comment