Translate

Sunday, March 16, 2014

What's in your closet???

What are the joys of adopting older kids?  

I opened the closet the other day as I was laying hardwood floors in the boys room. As I moved around in the closet, I found my way to these pair of pants.  Hmmm....this isn't right.

And then it hit me that this too is one of the joys of adopting older children.  You are never going to find this in the closet of an infant or toddler.  

We take so much for granted.  How to use a toilet, how to use a fork, how to turn on the lights, and how to hang up our clothes.

These pants say so much though don't they?

They say, 
"I'm old enough to not ask for assistance with this, even though the outcome is so uncertain at this point!"

These pants say, "I'm a pretty smart kid, you know.  I learned so much already and I'm pretty...sure...they.....go....something....like..........This!"

These pants say,
"I'm thankful for what I have.  I'm certain they don't belong wadded up on the floor, so I'll just hang them up like a shirt."

Then there is the possibility I find most amusing, and definitely most probable.  A collaborative effort!  
I can just see two great minds working better than one to come up with this ingenious solution. 

Whatever was being contemplated as   these pants were being hung up is certainly left to speculation, but one thing is for sure.  Our loving father saw all of it.

God gets all the good seats, doesn't he?  Can you imagine Him as he was watching all of this, being so pleased with himself and His decision to put these two boys into their American family.  There may of even of been a chuckle, but we won't speculate any further :)

Matthew 7:11 really comes alive here:
If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 

He has given us a home and a loving family.  He has given us the ability to serve and worship him.  He truly is so good.  He inspires awe.

1 comment:

  1. "God gets all the good seats..." I love that! So thankful for how He is glorifying Himself through the Allen family.

    ReplyDelete