Translate

Friday, February 13, 2015

to infinity and beyond...

Toy Story is such a precious movie to me. It's the first movie my first son and I really got into. It was a "BOY" movie! A non Disney princess movie and we both totally loved it! My son reminded me so much of Andy and I absolutely loved how Woody was "branded" with his name on the bottom of his boot! I mean what powerful emotional moments Disney built up when Woody would look down under his boot and see that name, Andy. 





Woody knew where he belonged. He knew he was apart of the family and as sherif it was his job to keep that family together and even later on adopt new family members! Oh it just gets me all tearing up thinking about it! 
Well you see, there's this boy... A boy named Andy. He needs a family, he needs to belong.


This precious boy has been waiting and is about to age out in June this year! He is 13 years old. 

Can you see his smile? Can you see the hope? 
My hope is that you are looking at your son. That you are reading these words and then BAM! It hits you, "that's my son, he's in China, but he's my son!"



Andy, has one special need, if you even want to call it that. He has a limb difference in his leg. His upper leg bone is bowed and shortened and he uses a crutch to walk. Believe me, this doesn't slow him down at all!
Here is a video of Andy! What a cutie he is!!     https://vimeo.com/103536786

Andy attends public school and does well there. His favorite subject is art. He is described as respectful and cheerful and he gets along well with his peers.


For more information about Andy please contact April Uduhiri at april.uduhiri@gladney.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment