Translate

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

sing a little song...

Picking up the guitar tonight after not playing in a while was seriously great. A few things you should know:
- I am not good at guitar
- I absolutely love playing
- It's my favorite way to worship 





I came up to bed early to sit down and tune the guitar (because it seriously has been months of being untouched) and strum around and then look up the cords to a new song I've been wanting to learn.

Jon, who is incredibly musically inclined, is my rhythm keeper. He sings and keeps me from playing too fast or too slow or play off melody.

As he was singing and I was playing in walked Aaron. He said, "I heard you playing", and then proceeded to hobble over to the bed with his crutches, turn around, hop up onto the bed booty first, then wiggle his way between me and Jon and laid his head on his daddy and started to sing with him. So I just continued on playing.
Then, in walks Willy... He said, I heard that one song, I like it. So he began to sing. 



And there, in front of my eyes, I am watching this beautiful moment. This moment that will be so branded into my heart forever. Three men are singing praises to God, and are singing pure, raw, and humble.

What a site to be witness to. Here is Jon and in walks Aaron (our first son, and his first adopted son) and then in walks Willy (our oldest son but our most recent adoption).... I don't know if I am painting this picture clear enough with my words.

It was like watching a legacy unfold as these three were singing before their Father above. To OUR father who has adopted us into his family through His son.... And then here are two adopted sons with their father, following by his example!


I mean.... I mean, the emotions that were just rushing over me. Not some full on sobbing sappy emotions but like this bold proud rush of emotions seeing these boys singing with voices of men, unashamedly to God. Not because they were being forced, not because we were in church, but because they heard it, they came to see, and they wanted to.
I can never un-see or un-hear this moment in my life. This powerful moment was real and full of awe.

Thank you Lord, this I will forever cherish always!


"EVERY father should remember that one day his son will follow his example instead of his advice."- unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment