Translate

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

#bringlihome

Oh My Goodness!!  There goes another one of "those families" adopting again…. Can you believe it? I mean, don’t they have like 50 kids already and they are adopting again?  And to top it all off, they are begging for money again… Why adopt another kid if you can’t even afford it to begin with!

Look, I get it! I have been there and been the person that voices all those questions and opinions in the nice confines of my own home where only my husband is listening and typically he would just nod his head in agreement with me. I would get on my soap box, literally speaking because most of these conversations would happen in the bathroom, and preach on about how people “should not adopt if they can’t pay for the adoption!”
Here it is and it kills me to admit the humiliating truth BUT, I WAS WRONG!  Not even a little bit wrong but a whole lotta wrong.

Oh So WRONG and so thankful that I was. The Lord set me real straight with a good ole dose of reality as he put me and our family in our place as we became the adoptive parents desperately trying to bring our boys home before they aged out in China. (“Age out” is the term used for children who turn a “special age” and therefore no longer able to be adopted. That “special age” for China is 14 years old!)
So there is this AMAZING family… The Northrop Family. They are in that position of racing against time. Their son, Li, is about to turn 14 in March 2015.  That is next month!! If he ages out before they are able to travel to China and get him… they can’t get him.



WE HAVE GOT TO HELP!! There is no denying it. Adoption is expensive. But, if we all give a little… a little goes a long ways.
This is my cry for help, my plea to my friends and family and to the greater friends and family of the cyber community. PLEASE, let’s join together and GIVE!

Li, needs a family! He is 12,000 miles away in China, alone. Li has a family here in America desperately trying to bring him home. #bringlihome


Please watch and share Li's YouTube video:
      http://youtu.be/_InBNO6BS4Q
Promise 686 has given the Northrop family a huge matching grant of $4000.00. To help give to this click link: https://connect.clickandpledge.com/Organization/Promise686/campaign/201Northrop or please write a check to: "Promise686" and make sure to write "Northrop" in the memo line. Mail to: 4729 Peachtree Industrial Blvd. Suite 100, Barkeley Lake, GA 30092
Lifesong also gave them a matching grant of $2000.00.  To donate to them click on the link: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=C45PZD4WGZE4N
 

2 comments: