Translate

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Hiatus... and a plug.

I have intentionally taken a break from blogging, from Bible Studies, from small group, and Sunday school settings. It's been a couple months since our last blog but it has been a WHILE, I mean a good long hiatus from "church stuff."
Granted, I have my one on one with God and prayer and time in His word getting a little crumb of bread but no full on small group, women's ministry lead, study.
I just couldn't... My mind and heart have been wrestling with Christianity as a whole. I have voiced the words, "I don't want to be known as a Christian", because let's face it: Christians aren't acting or even remotely close to resembling the Christ in the Bible they so-call themselves by. I am embarrassed, like full on red faced, don't want to associate with "those" Christians. 
Hot Topics of my turmoil are as follows but not limited to:
 
-Adoption
-Orphan care
-Gay and Lesbians rights
-Love your neighbor
-Homeless
-The poor
-Widows
-The oppressed
-The outcasts
-The forgotten
-Church people
-Building funds...for bigger church buildings
-Being a communal body of believes and seeing the church as a whole and not as separate denominations constantly snubbing their noses at each other
 
And those are just a few! I can tell you God has been doing a number on my heart and opening my eyes to A LOT! It took me getting disconnected from the "rat race" of the North American idea of "Church" to see how much we are truly missing! 
My God, forgive me for being so blind for so many years and being tied up in the shallow waters of Faith. How deep is your LOVE and may my heart and flesh fall surrendered to it.- Amen
 
(Warning: this is about to be a plug for Jen Hatmaker's book but it's so relevant to my hiatus, I had to share... please humor me and read on.)
 
So, it has been months in coming, but Jen Hatmaker's new book is out today! (Don't know who that is, go here: www.jenhatmaker.com ) 
I have been eagerly waiting for this book as it's title is just perfection! "For the Love"

As a mom, the phase comes out my mouth about 100000x's a day with my kids and when she announced this I was all about it! Thankful to be apart of some luckies to read four chapters from her book, all I can say is, "For the Love", go buy this book!
 
All that said, this is my point. Jen was on a show called Life Today speaking on her book and her life. After watching it for the first time last night, it hit home with so many of my heart struggles and churchy issues. One in particular, is showing compassion and love to others... especially other Christians. ***Ugh, but I don't want to show compassion and love to those people because to be honest,(or as one of my China babes says; "to be honestly") they've hurt my heart.***
 
Lord, give me a heart like yours.-Amen #forthelove
 
PLEASE TAKE ABOUT 10 minutes TO WATCH THE CLIP OF JEN HATMAKER on Life Today.
For the Love, watch it: 
 
Please pray we me:  that we as a nation, as a culture, as followers of Christ, as those who call themselves Christians will take off the blinders. That we will open God's word and as in James 1:22 states: "Do what it Says!" 
That we stop preaching and start serving. That we stop dressing to show reverence and start showing reverence by dressing the naked and feeding the hungry. Be the hands, be the feet, "be a light in the darkness not a shadow for the already condemned" (click on quote to tweet). How is the love of Jesus being shown if we are casting shadows instead of lighting a match. 


"Love does stuff"- Bob Goff
 

No comments:

Post a Comment