Translate

Monday, April 20, 2015

hacked...

Bethany, I have hacked your blog...I'm sorry...

...but...once upon a time...

...almost 12 years ago, I stood at your parents fireplace, looked into your eyes, and said I promise, forever.

I really didn't understand what the promise meant then.  I just said it, thinking I understood the weight of that promise, but not really having a clue.


From moving, to losing jobs, we have muscled through together.  From losing friends, to losing three precious children, we have wept through together.  From one adoption, to now six children, we have continued on, together. 
Through hurt and pain, and times that we just can't stand each other, we journey on, together. 

Twelve years later, I am beginning to understand a little more about that promise I made.  This life is not easy, and it's not always fun.  But, with my wife, it is never alone.  

This past year, we have begun working out together, something I thought and swore would never happen.  I would never Zumba and you couldn't lift a truck, so we weren't ideal workout partners, but Fireman Fitness has changed all that. 
This past six months, we have run 5k's, half marathons, and have just now completed one of the most challenging races, the Savage, together.


During the 5k's, we stuck together.
You go, we go.
During the half, we stuck together.  You go, we go.
During the Savage, we stuck together.
You go, we go.

Through the past twelve years, as we journey towards seemingly impossible obstacles in life, I've learned to look not at the obstacle before I look to you, and make sure you are with me;  you go, we go.

Upon doing the Savage last week, I caught myself again, running towards an obstacle, but not daring to size it up, until I found you, and we go together.  You go, we go.


Thank you for being there this whole time.  Thank you for putting up with all of my flaws, and thank you for doing life with me.

We cannot be stopped.  We cannot be broken.  Together, we are unstoppable.  
Whatever your future holds, wherever you go...we go.




No comments:

Post a Comment