Translate

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

picture birthday memory lane overload...

Oh my goodness!!! So this just happened today! Gary turned 15! I cannot believe how time is seriously flying by! 



What a journey we have been on over the last two years together!


Today, after I dropped him off at school I got all emotional. I started going back through the pictures on our FB group page we had set up when he first arrived in America for winter hosting. (Warning pic overload)





I went though the website and blog. (www.bringgaryhome.weebly.com)
I thought back to his first Birthday we celebrated with him... His FIRST birthday celebration! 




He had just turned 13 and I was taken back at how frail and small he was. He was so overcome by the Birthday and gifts and cake that he looked up at us with tear filled eyes and softly spoke with a beautiful heavy accent, "thank you". 



Then all the experiences of our first 5 weeks together was so incredibly precious that I still to this day can't get over! I will never forget his expressions of awe and the newness of so so many things we take for granted! 


He has taught me so much about life, about love and about gratitude without even speaking a word. 





His precious letters he wrote to us while we waited till we could bring him home! And we could only do that with the help of all of you! Thank you, thank you to all our friends and family who helped bring Gary Home! What a joy, what a journey, what a special birthday today is! 


My sweet Gao Mao Mao aka Garison Samuel Allen, Happy Happy Birthday my love! You have my heart and have since February 2, 2013. I love you to the moon and back and more! 
YouTube video:
  

No comments:

Post a Comment