Translate

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

us

2002 was a difficult year...  It was a year that began with much sadness and hurt.  It was a year that two lives were meant to find each other, though at the beginning of this year, they never thought it was possible.  You see there was this young man, let's call him Jon, he was working hard to keep a home, stay in school and work two jobs.  He and another had ended a life together that he thought was meant to be forever... And not too many miles down the road was a young lady who was doing the same.  Trying to figure out the workings of being a single mom to the cutest baby boy in the world!
  And so these two both sought employment at GOLD'S GYM! The gym offered free child care for the young lady and great 2nd job hours for the young man.  And so the path of these two finally came to a crossroads at the end of August in 2002... Fast-forward to July 2003, Jon and Bethany are married and 10 years down the road is where we find our lives now! Happy, hectic, house full, and lovin it!
Who we are now has change so much from who we were in 2002...and we changed even more 2011...God opened our eyes to so much that need to change in our lives in the summer of 2011, and even more so in November of 2011, and even more so in December 2011, then 2012 was a whirlwind of awesomeness and in 2013 we began a new journey that added two new loves in our life that were "made in China" (our adoption journey blog: www.bringgaryhome.blogspot.com )
And we find ourselves now on this journey that is so unpredictable! So unpredictable because it is no longer a life "we" are planning out, it is no longer "our" goals we seek to achieve or our "home" we are trying to build.  It is unpredictable because we are surrendering "our" EVERYTHING to the hands of our Father.
We hope to blog about our journey and be open, real, and honest about ups and downs, falls and setbacks, glorious triumphs, and ugly failures. (for me(Bethany)there have been so many ugly failures and major "unholy" acts, but it has been now that I see those times as me trying to do everything on my own and by my own hopes to help myself somehow... finally letting go of the tight grips of control daily/ hourly/ by the minute, though I stumble, I pray that each day becomes quicker that I don't get up on my own, but that I fall at my Savior's feet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment